So we are at the half way point, 11 days into the lockdown and 10 to go! Just because all of our routines have been thrown out the window, it doesn’t mean you should let your health and fitness goals go the same way.
This may not be the time to start training for an iron man or get ready for the next crossfit games but a small amount of exercise everyday will go a long way to help keep you healthy, fit and sane during this uncertain time.
Here are our top tips to keep moving at home:
- Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, with one or two rest days each week.
- Incorporate a HIIT workout 3 times a week
- HIIT workouts are one of the easiest ways to get your heart rate up with no equipment
- Try something new but keep it simple
- This is the perfect time to try something new. Give yoga a try, or stretch each night before bed. Work on your balance and stability. Even do rehab exercises everyday to fix any aches and pains that had been bothering you
- Use your body weight
- Exercises such as squats, push ups, lunges, planks, all require no equipment and can be structured into one of the most effective workouts
- Make use of technology
- Technology has taken over at this time. Fitness apps, youtube channels, Instagram influencers are all posting workout ideas and motivation daily and now is the time to support them and utilize their ideas to help keep your daily exercise varied and effective.
- Contact us
- Our Zoom sessions are up and running and we have are sending out home programs that are structure to your individual needs and use only equipment that you have access to.
This is not an easy time for many people. However, structuring your day, including a few minutes of movement and exercise and spending some time focusing on your personal goals can help keep any anxieties and stress at bay.